What is spiritual Balance?
Just as the human body requires food and drinks for nourishment; the spirit of God feeds on fasting, prayer and the meditation of God’s word. Lack of spiritual food causes spiritual malnourishment. Having a good dose of physical and spiritual food creates a spiritual balance.
Most believers go through a lot of problems because of spiritual imbalance. They starve the spirit man and overfeed the flesh man. Spending more time on your physical body than your spiritual being is dangerous. The physical body lasts for a short time before it decays but the soul lives for eternity.
So He said to them, “This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.”Mark 9:29 NKJV
Importance of engaging in spiritual exercise
- Power (mark 9:29)
- Personal relationship with God (Revelation 4:20)
- Spiritually fitness (1 Timothy 4:8, Corinthians 9:24-27)
- Bearing fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23, John 15:4-5)
- Spiritual alertness eg discernment (1 Peter 5:8)
- Spiritual nourishment (John 6:35)
- Open heavens (Exodus 34:28-29)
Steps to spiritual Balance
- Create a fasting routine; Select at least a day in the week to fast. (Joel 2:12)
- Pray without ceasing; get a devotional, join a prayer school, join the prayer team in your church, etc. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Study and meditate on God’s word day and night; get a bible plan, join a bible study group. (Joshua 1:8)
- Do not overfeed on food, keep your appetite in check (Proverbs 23:1-2)
- Do it continually; continuation brings freedom
Beloved, pay less attention to overeating and drinking. Maintain a healthy spiritual life. Pray, fast, study the bible and practice it. Jesus is coming soon. Seek salvation, stay away from sin. Ask God to grant you the strength to live a fulfilled spiritual life.
Are you living a life of sin? Now is the time to change and amend your ways. All forms of unrighteousness like malice, gossip, stealing, sexual immorality, etc. will stop you from making heaven (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). God loves us so much that was why he sent his only son (Jesus) to die for us (John 3:16). Jesus died on the cross so that we will be free from sin. God is so holy; sin creates a hindrance and weakens our bond with God. The devil does not want us to receive from God, make heaven or serve God. Accept Jesus, confess your sins to make heaven.
If you want to give your life to Jesus Christ, say the prayer below.
Dear Father, I come before you and ask that you forgive me of my sins (confess your sins). I am sorry and ask that you forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for my sins. I believe you resurrected on the third day. I surrender my life to you. Come into my life and become my Lord and personal saviour. Thank you for your mercy. I ask that you teach me, guide my paths and preserve me for heaven at last,In Jesus name. Amen.
Congratulations! Now that you’re saved, please find a bible believing church to continue this process and maintain your salvation.
If you received Christ today or have questions, I will love to hear from you. Email me at email@example.com or message me on Instagram or Facebook @ favouredogo.
Photo by Casey Horner from unsplash